I’m happy to report MPI continues to be optimistic about the state of the meetings industry. Here are some key statistics included in their report, regarding in-person events,
that you need to know.
- Planners continue to deal with hotel industry staffing problems. This will continue to be a challenge this year.
- 49% report full-time hiring has increased. “.. that is the highest percentage recorded for full-time hiring in the history of MPI’s Meetings Outlook surveys.”
- 85% of respondents have a “very positive” outlook for the rest of this year.
- 64% say it’s a seller’s market. Hotels have an advantage in negotiations.
- 82% expect attendance increases.
Here’s the link to the full report:
We made it through COVID cancellations and shutdowns. Let’s celebrate this optimistic report!
Copyright 2023, Lois Creamer, Book More Business. Lois works with professional speakers who want to book more business, make more money, and fully monetize their intellectual property.
Sign up for my blog posts so you don’t miss any at http://www.BookMoreBusiness.com/blog.
Check out Lois’ book – Book More Business: MAKE MONEY SPEAKING as well as The Speaker Author: Sell More Books and Book More Speeches available on Amazon!